Problem Solving / Decision Making
- Increase your awareness of problem-solving steps and tools
- Differentiate between root cause and symptoms to identify the right problem to solve
- Identify your own problem-solving style
- Improve your ability to participate and communicate in a collaborative problem-solving process
- Recognise the top ten rules of good decision making
Facts and knowledge can only go so far. Solving tough problems requires the ability to define the true problem, analyse the possible causes, create options, select the most feasible option, and then implement it.
If you are tired of applying solutions that do not work to recurring problems in your organisation, this workshop will help you enhance your efforts to find sustainable solutions and learn new ways to approach problem-solving to reach win-win decisions.
1 Day Workshop
See the Course Schedule.
In this workshop, you will learn:
- Define a problem
- Describe the ideal problem solver
- Identify the types of problems encountered
- The Problem-Solving Model
- Problem-Solving Toolkit
- Facts vs. Information
- 10 Ingredients for Good Decision Making
- Gradients of Agreement
- The Decision-Making Process
- Decision-Making Traps
- Problems as Given/Problems as Understood
- Types of decisions (including bad ones!)
- Implementing a Decision
What Participants Get
Each participant receives a workshop manual that serves as both an in-class activity book and a reference guide that can be used after the workshop to revise the concepts covered. The workshop is highly interactive, fun, and makes use of audio-visual elements to enhance the learning process. Participants leave the workshop with a personal action plan on how they will implement some of the learnings and each receives a certificate of attendance.