This course is accredited by the Local Government Seta and covers unit standard 119472 at NQF level 3 worth 5 credits.
- Conflict is reduced
- Get more of what you want out of life
- Have stronger relationships
- Help people to adopt your ideas
- People will like you better
3 Day Skills Programme
See the Course Schedule for more courses.
What you will achieve
- Well defined goals for more effective communications
- The ability to create an open environment for communication
- The skill to communicate clearly
- Stronger relationships through powerful communication
- An understanding of other peopleâ€™s communication styles and needs
- Techniques to facilitate effective team and meeting communications
- Emotional Intelligence to deal with difficult situations
What you will learn
- Goals for Specific Communications — define your goals and then the most effective methods of delivery
- The Communication Process — understand the six-step process
- Foundation Tools — for setting the stage for successful communications, one on one and with groups
- Barriers to Effective Communications — identify and develop methods to break down those barriers
- Communication Skills — learn how to combine the four key elements and the five basic skills to communicate with impact
- Influencing Techniques — expand on communication skills, using techniques and strategies to influence other behaviors and develop more collaborative working relationships
- Planning a Communication Strategy — identify your communication outcome and plan the best approach for achieving positive results
- Face to Face and Virtual Facilitation/Meeting Communication Skills — learn to communicate and facilitate effective group interactions
What Participants Get
Participants are given 30 days to complete a Portfolio of Evidence for assessment. Successful participants receive a certificate of competence endorsed by the LGSETA.
Each participant receives a workshop manual that serves as both an in-class activity book and a reference guide that can be used after the workshop to revise the concepts covered.